Sunday 18 March 2012

Bringing Merlin Home + 1st Week

So on the 10th of March 2012, we brought out bundle of Monster home!

On the drive home he was very good, didn't cry however he was very car sick, poor little thing.

The first day he was really good, and we spent the day playing in the garden, taking him out every hour, getting him used to his crate and just general puppy stuff!

That night he was very good, slept very well in his crate. When I got him out in the morning it was like letting out a different dog - so confident and so cocky!

Since then he had just grown in confidence and has been overall very good. Minus the chewing.

He chews EVERYTHING!

On Wednesday he had his first vaccination and he was very good, we took the last appointment due to me working and so he was quite tired and very relaxed at the vets.

He has been for several walks (obviously being carried) and in the last couple of days we have begun our obedience training and he is doing very well, has already learnt sit - so long as I have a treat in my hand!

I found out today he is a week younger than we thought he was, which makes him 8 weeks old on Monday. I'm not so happy about this, purely because it means that the breeder had lied to us about his age, which makes me think what else did they lie about.

Yesterday night he had his first puppy crazies, which means he just went mental! We just let him get on with it, but boy, it was a mad moment!

Today has been a hard day though, hence me not telling everyone how lovely he is! He was fine this morning but then he just been a monster! Kept trying to bite me, he knows it's wrong and then this afternoon bit me and I told him no, so he growled and tried to bite my face. Naughty dog.

Overall is he is really good and I have to remind myself of this, but boy, it's been a long day and it's not even over yet!




I know, butter would melt right?

1 comment: